Diana Johnson MP has announced the businesses voted for by local people in her online contest to find the best small businesses in Hull North.
2,340 online votes were received from local people over the past month for the 18-strong shortlist of local independent businesses that were nominated in October 2016.
The results are below:
• Billies Barbers - Northpoint, Bransholme – WINNER
• Hull Pie - Newland Avenue, Newland – Runner Up
• Butterfly Lounge - Bowland Way, King’s Park - highly commended
• Chanterlands DIY - Chanterlands Avenue, Avenue – highly commended
• The English Muse - Newland Avenue, Newland - highly commended
• T L Norman Butchers - Princes Avenue, Avenue - highly commended
• Kate’s Kitchen - Cottingham Road, University - highly commended
• EK Stitch - Cottingham Road, University - highly commended
• The Pier Fish Shop, Orchard Park Centre – high commended
The Hull North MP will be visiting these businesses today (Saturday 3 December) to present certificates to the winner, the runner up and those businesses that are ‘highly commended’ in different parts of Hull North.
These local Small Business Awards promote local small businesses as part of today’s Small Business Saturday. Launched in 2013, Small Business Saturday brought a boost to local high streets across the country that in 2015 saw customers spend £623m with small independent businesses – a 24% increase on 2014’s Small Business Saturday
Diana Johnson MP said: “2,340 local people have voted online and the result of my Small Business Awards for 2016 is that Billies Barbers in the winner - providing a great service to the local community in my Hull North constituency.
“We celebrate all our local small businesses in Hull on Small Business Saturday. They are the lifeblood of our local community and provide choice and valuable jobs in our local economy. They should be supported all year round.”