Diana Johnson MP has announced the businesses voted for by local people as the best small businesses in the Avenue, Newland and Chanterlands Avenue areas of Hull North.
Almost 1,900 votes were received over the past month. The results are below:
• Powder Room, Chanterlands Avenue – WINNER
• Little Bird Boutique, Princes Avenue – Runner Up
• Chanterlands DIY, Chanterlands Avenue – highly commended
• Coco Couture Nail Bar, Newland Avenue - highly commended
• Just Desserts, Newland Avenue – highly commended
• Freshair, Princes Avenue - highly commended
• E.K. Stitch, Cottingham Road – highly commended
• Scribes, Newland Avenue – highly commended
• Kate’s kitchen, Cottingham Road – highly commended
The Hull North MP will be visiting these businesses today to present certificates to the winner, the runner up and to all those highly commended.
These local Small Business Awards promote local small businesses as part of today’s Small Business Saturday.
Diana Johnson MP said: “These small businesses have been recognised by local people for the service they give to the local community and we salute them on Small Business Saturday.
“Of course, there are many other good businesses in our city and we should support them all as the lifeblood of our local community and our local economy.”